It’s estimated that over 50% of adults have some form of early gum disease. We know the importance of getting dental health that you can be proud of. Gum disease (periodontal) is a serious condition and can severely affect your oral health. Our team places importance on creating beautiful smiles with excellent vigor!
What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal disease is the extreme form of gingivitis. Gingivitis occurs when you have an accumulation of plaque and tartar along your gum line and inside your gum pockets. If this condition is left untreated, periodontitis is formed from an inflammation of the gums.
Am I At-Risk?
You may be at risk of developing early periodontal disease due to:
- Poor dental hygiene
- History of significant health issues
Our team is dedicated to getting you the smile of your dreams. There are many methods of alleviating periodontal therapy such as:
Scaling and Root Planing
- Removes bacteria, plaque, and tartar
- Utilize scaling tools to scrape bacteria deposits along the gum line
Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy
- Laser energy vaporizes diseased tissue
- Mechanism combats inflammation by sensing melanin and water levels in the mouth
- Quickly heals blood vessels
- Minimal discomfort
- Prescribed antibiotics placed directly inside gum pockets
- Kills harmful bacteria
Are You Looking for Periodontal Therapy in Tampa?
It is very important to us that you are receiving dental care so you can love your smile again. Periodontal disease can affect your oral health and if left untreated, impact your overall body. Make an appointment with Advanced Dental Associates today!